Hey guys! Today I am sharing a list of things you can do while quarantined/social distancing! My school has now been moved online, my work is closed for the next three weeks and my yoga studio is closed. So since I will not be leaving my house for the foreseeable future. I am sure many of you are either in quarantine or social distancing, but might have more free time than me (I still have assignments to do 😢). I have created a list of fun things you can do indoors.
- Now is a great time to clean out your closet, fridge, pantry, etc. Get a head start on that spring cleaning.
- Make sure to also clean surfaces that are used frequently, especially if you are living with other people
- Baking can be very therapeutic. It often involves ingredients that you already have in your pantry like flour, sugar, baking powder, etc.
- Try making breads. They can be very time-consuming, so it can be a good way to spend an afternoon.
- Now is a great time to read that has been sitting on your self.
- Reading allows you to escape what is going on while also using your brain!
4. Watch Netflix
- This one is pretty obvious. If you are like me, you might have a long list of shows that you have been wanting to watch. Now is a great time to get through that list.
- Try watching a movie from a different genre every night! Or try a documentary so you can learn something new.
5. Do some art
- Art is a great way to relax and de-stress. You don’t even need to get art supplies if you don’t own any, just using a pencil or pen can work.
- Try following along to a Bob Ross video. His voice is so soothing.
6. Do a puzzle
- Puzzles are a great way to stimulate the mind and keep you focused one task.
- Sudoku is my favourite, but there are also jigsaw puzzles, word searches or logic games.
7. Board game night
- If you live with people, break out the board games! A simple game of Monopoly can take up almost four hours.
- If you play Uno, keep track of the scores. Whoever loses has to do something like make dinner that night.
8. Have a self-care spa sessions
- Take a bath, do a face mask, paint your toes. Whatever relaxes you.
9. Play some video games
- I have been plays Sims the past couple of days, it’s my favourite video game.
- Play with others if you can! Do a Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros tournament.
10. Do an at home workout
- There are so many different workouts available on Youtube. I am currently doing the Blogilates 14 Quarantine challenge.
- Working out with give you a rush of endorphins and help cheer you up.
11. Go on a walk in nature
- Going on a walk outside will help you feel like stuck and the sunshine can help boost your mood.
- Walking in nature can help reduce the odds of seeing someone else. Bring your dog if you have one!
12. Pick up a new skill or hobby
- Now is a great time to try or practice a new skill or hobby. It could be learning a new language or a new instrument.
- Practising for an hour each day could really help you improve that skill!
13. Try something on Pinterest
- Whether it’s a recipe or diy project, it can be fun to do something with your hands.
- Share the results. Whether it was a success or failure, it will be helpful for others to see the results!
14. Call your friends and family
- This is a very stressful time for everyone. Reach out to people can chat with them 💖
Let me know in the comments what you guys are doing during this time! Stay safe my friends!